Civic Morning Musicals Mission Statement
Established in 1890, Civic Morning Musicals is the 3rd oldest such organization producing concerts in the U.S. Civic Morning Musicals promotes and enriches the cultural ambience of the Central New York region by supporting local classically trained musicians of all ages and their potential audiences through a variety of performance, educational, and awards programs. We are dedicated to sustaining, nurturing and promoting area artists with sponsorship, and opportunities to present concerts and recitals with strong artistic merit.
Civic Morning Musicals:
- Encourages and promotes the highest ideals in musical performance
- Encourages the study and performance of American Music
- Presents the Wednesday Recital Series, free of charge, in the Hosmer Auditorium of the Everson Museum of Art
- Produces “Live! at the Everson,” a recital series featuring professional artists with ties to Central New York
- Produces concerts with WCNY for local broadcast
- Sponsors the Annual Youth Vocal Competition
- Mentors and nurtures young musicians through Junior Pro Art, a process-oriented support program designed to support the gifted and talented student musician
- Presents CMM Awards to high school and college music students active as ensemble and solo performers in their schools and in the Central New York region.
- Presents annual Community Musical Achievement Awards